Re: [Fwd: Testing the cms candidates]

Hi Marc, I recommend you to join the
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing-list at least during
the days of the CMS selection process. You can ignore any email not
having "cms" in the subject.  ;)

Note that if you reply to marketing-list without being subscirbed your
emails need to go through human approval.

El dt 08 de 08 del 2006 a les 02:24 -0400, en/na Marc Laporte va
escriure:
> Hi!
>
> I can integrate a design. Which one would you like?

We haven't mockups yet. Lee just took this task yesterday.

In http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements/TikiEval you provided
a link to http://themes.tikiwiki.org/ . Maybe you can provide some real
examples of cute and clean Tiki websites, in the essence I don't think
we are going to move very far from http://gnome.org or
http://guadec.org , to mention a couple of different styles.

> I could also help you setup some options. However, from reading:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/PlatformIssues
>
> I can't really make out the type of site you have in mind. Is it more
> documentation? community? groupware? news?

More showcase.  :)  See http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure
and
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-August/msg00049.html

> Anyway, Tiki handles many types of sites as you can see here:
> http://tikiwiki.org/
>
> We share login & group info with:
> http://tikiwiki.org/InterTiki

I believe we want to see real implementations of the proposed CMSs.
Seeing Tiki in the Tiki development sites is good, but it would help us
more to see how others have implemented it for no-Tiki purposes.

The closest the examples are to GNOME, the better. You mention in the
TikiEval that it is being used for http://wiki.kde.org/ . While KDE is
very close to GNOME, wiki.kde.org is the equivalent (so to say) to
http://live.gnome.org (a Moin wiki), while now we are working on the
http://www.gnome.org revamp, basically.

Thank you for your help in this selection process!