Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

El dl 07 de 08 del 2006 a les 22:53 +0200, en/na Claus Schwarm va
escriure:

> Most users who are likely to visit wgo are probably happy with the
> screenshot tour, a link to gnomefiles, and links to some other project
> homepages.

Conclusion: we need to add the GNOME tour to
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure . Link to gnomefiles will
be in the products list, and the links to some other project homepages
will be in the product pages.

>  Even if some ordinary users come to wgo every now and then,
> these things are probably sufficient for their information needs as
> well.

First I want to note that many user will drop in a product page directly
via Google if we do things right.

Second, we will also have developers, sysadmins and decision-makers or
consultants with a tech profile wanting to know more about GNOME and
taking the time needed to gather the information and have their own
opinion about the decision that brought them there.

> I'm not saying, some more pages to describe GNOME's products make no
> sense; just in case some people are *really* curious -- but these pages
> are not *that* important.

If this few people are responsible of few big decisions, these pages are
important.

>  we obviously have no agreement about use cases
> for wgo, yet, nor a new proposal for its menu structure.

No, we haven't. We will have an agreement soon though, and you can help
getting a better agreement. We are not going to look for the perfect
list of use cases nor the perfect menu structure, we will be happy
finding better solutions than the ones wgo currently offers.