"About GUADEC"

Can you great copy writers and marketing people have a look at the
"About GUADEC" blurb at the bottom of http://guadec.org and the page
http://guadec.org/about ?

It's not bad but... is it just me or do you also thin k it could be much
better? If someone comes with a better text, great.

This piece of text appears in all the web pages and in press releases.
People is starting to copy it for their agendas and etc. That's why.

I think the page could includo also pictures and logos from previous
editions, showing much better all the merits of the history of this
great meeting.