From: regatta <regatta gmail com>
Date: Sep 25, 2005 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Evolution] How do you vote for a bug ?
To: Shreyas Sriniavasan <sshreyas novell com>
Cc: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>, evolution-list gnome org

Another thing guys,

Who decide what to be in the next release (http://go-evolution.org/Evo2.6) ?

Are the customers involved in making this plan or it's only by the developers ?

What I mean is that evolution is made for the customers so you should
make the customers  decide what they need to be improved and not what
the developer think it's better

for example if you ask me (as a customer)  if I'm interested in Evo
2.6, I will tell you NO, and probably I will not install it (Ok, maybe
if I have a free time :) ) , because nothing there make me interest to
download it , for EXAMPLE , I don't care about Hula

I don't mean Hula is bad or anything , what I mean not many people
will be interest on this new future because not many people are using
it, this is just EXAMPLE and I mean not many people because most of
the people are using other system like exchange in Enterprise
environment (specially if you plan to import evolution to windows) and
pop/imap in Home user environment

I really liked what Ben Goodger said in his blog about KDE and apple (
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39191656,00.htm )

In summary :

*- I know I'm very new in here , but listen to me as a customer how
really love your work :)

*- You need to think about what your customers want , not about what
the developers think the customers want or how the developer need to
make the source code more perfect.

*- Think about making a live survey to make the user decide what they
need to improve in the next release (make the survey included with
evolution when they run it in the first time of maybe after they run
it more than 30 time).

Note: this can apply to Evolution and Gnome also