Re: It's a jungle out there

Santiago Roza wrote:

we already had python, c# (the monkey should be a bonobo i guess),
java (although i'm not so sure about that parrot); and i had suggested
c (gnu) and php (elephant).  now i have some more:

- we know perl's got a camel:
http://perl.oreilly.com/usage/

- anjuta (gnome's c/c++ ide) uses a horse for its logo, so we could
use that for c++ (providing we use the gnu for c)
http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/

- (visual-basic-like) gambas, which also has gnome bindings, uses a shrimp:
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/

- javascript is somewhat related to a well-known product like firefox
(ok it's a long shot), so we could use its fox for that:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons.html

- for delphi(/kylix/pascal) we could use freepascal's cheetah:
http://www.freepascal.org/

- and for java, well, like i said i'm not so sure about that parrot,
although i can't think of anything much better... what about jakarta
tomcat's tomcat?
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

expecting feedback...
My main idea was to cover like 4 big languages except C (everyone knows you can program GNOME-apps in C already). I guessing these 4 big languages are C#, Python, Java and C++, but please correct me if I am wrong.
I like the horse for C++, but what about a Zebra?

Any volunteers for the text yet?
- Andreas