Re: release notes: Mandrakesoft/Mandriva

Hi Murray,

Today at 8:14, Murray Cumming wrote:

>> <quote who="Vincent Untz">

>>> Also: "GNOME 2.12 is the third 'time-based' GNOME release."
>>> 2.4 was time-based too, IIRC. So, we have 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 2.10 and now
>>> 2.12. It should probable be "fifth" instead of "third", shouldn't it?
>
> I gues we've been saying that for a while now. I'd like to fix both these
> things, but gnome-i18n must approve it, because it breaks the
> translations. It might not be worth it. CCed.

Damn, I noticed that myself when I completed the Serbian translation,
but forgot to report/fix it :(

We now have 7 complete or almost complete translations.  I'd really
like comments from bg, de, ja, mk, pa, ru and th translators if they
mind this change in the next couple of hours (i.e. will they be able
to update it in time: if they don't respond in the next couple of
hours, we should assume that they won't be able to update them), but
anyone else is also welcome to chip in with their thoughts.  I really
don't want to introduce another breakage two days before the release!

FWIW, I am having another idea: why not let translators fix this
themselves in translations (let's add a comment about it), and lets
create *another* "English translation" with all the typos and similar
bugs fixed.  I can put up such en.po myself.  We don't even need to
build and install "C" version then, but could go with only "en" one.

Murray, how about that instead? (for the uninitiated, "msgen" can fill
a POT file with English translations, and then you go searching for
"pargraphs", "third", and similar and replace them with correct words :)

Cheers,
Danilo