Re: tuxmag

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:38, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Perhaps, something can be done about that as well so that we have
> new content to give to other print magazines.  Do they pay for
> these submissions?  Do they also accept the creative common license
> as well?  Just curious.

Tux pays.  Rates are in flux right now - they paid higher for the first
two issues because those were contracted for a print publication.  From
the third issue forward is being contracted for the online, free version
so payments will be smaller.  I just don't know how much smaller yet.
Tux is being published by SSC, who also publish Linux Journal.  So they
play pretty fair as far as publishers go.

I think they accept the Creative Commons License.  I know you can use it
however you like later, after initial publication.  Since they pay for
the article they expect to get first publication rights, but after first
publication they allow the authors to do pretty much anything with
them.  For example, I'll be using my articles in a book to be published
early next year.  Check with the editor about that (actually, someone
else handles that issue, but the editor can put you in touch with that
person).

--
Michael J. Hammel
The Graphics Muse              Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults