Re: release screenshots from FOG or gnomesupport? (yet another brainstorm)

On 5/22/05, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it may sound harsh but I'd suggest to stop the tradition: The 2.8
> screenshots on the ftp server, for example - I think, you mean these -,
> are often hard to understand to GNOME/Linux newbies, and most oldies are
> probably bored by them; they don't (and often can't) show any large
> steps of advancements due to the fast release schedule, and desktop
> artist submit their work elsewhere.

We can certainly position/explain/whatever them better, but I think a
key part of what we need to be doing is reaching out to the people who
are already somewhat involved and turning them into the 'evangelist
users' we were discussing earlier; reaching out like this and making
people feel involved and like they are having fun is a key way to do
that.

Luis