Re: GNOME Linux Live CD - Language support question

Simos-
I've responded to your comments in the wiki about language support, I
hope that is useful.

I definitely expect in the future:

(1) that the 'stock' CDs produced for releases will have the
most-spoken several languages, keeping in mind that we have to
localize not just GNOME but also the installer and mozilla (and
probably OOo for the near-term as well.) I believe the first release
had something like 11 languages, but I honestly forgot to check before
release- we'll make it part of the release in the future.

(2) that it should be stupidly easy for local language groups to
produce custom liveCDs. There are a couple open items on the
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLiveCd_2fToDo page about this; anyone who
wants to look into them (I hope someone from gnome-i18n will, as I
don't have time right now) would be more than welcome to do so. I
believe that once the questions in the ToDo are resolved it would be
quite easy for any localization group to produce a fully localized CD.

Luis