Re: gFooBar website

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:19:54 -0400
Ken VanDine <ken vandine org> wrote:

> I don't know much about the w.g.o web infrastructure.  I am assuming
> they are  all plain html now, any reason not to use php for them all?
> Perhaps we could  use a shared set of includes for all project sites
> that.  Those includes could  reference one standard css that is used
> for all project sites but could also  reference a css unique to each
> site that could over ride things.  I would  really need a better
> understanding of the current web infrastructure to really  recommend
> something, but this is just an idea.

AFAIK, the php code of art.gnome.org was the origin of the security
break last year that resulted in a delay of the 2.6 release. The web
hackers side [1] also says:

"Dynamic content and applications are being replaced with plain pages
where possible to address security and integration considerations.
Features like the Software Map and search must be made from generated
content or moving the service to a hardened server."

I was told something similar by Curtis Hovey [2]:

"The strictest requirement is that the software site *not* be dynamic.
We are moving aways from interactive applications for content features
like this."

Thus, drupal is not an option, Quim.

Cheers,
Claus