Re: Publishing press releases in other languages than english

Hi,

Leslie Proctor a écrit :
We have a team of people that localize the press
releases into some languages.  We currently have
reliable people to do Portugese, Spanish and Chinese
and German. We could use other languages. Volunteers?

The i18n team (which have a signle point of contact) can translate into up to 80 languages. There are active teams for at least 30 languages, including all major European languages, many of the Arabic scripts, several Indian languages, and a great many Pacific rim languages.

It would be nice to involve this huge and rich resource in our press release planning.

When the release goes out over the wire, it only goes
out in English - it's very expensive and Novell is
kind enough to do it for us.

We now have press contacts in France, the UK and Germany at least. Perhaps we should start gathering information on cost & procedure for pushing press releases to wires over this side of the pond?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary