Distributions based on Gnome 2.8 as primary DE

Hi,

A group of friends are trying out a desktop proposed to be based on
Gnome 2.8 and are looking to various distributions which use Gnome 2.8
as the primary (and perhaps only !) DE.

Is it possible to collate some URLs - this is probably the wrong list to
ask (I feel), but nevertheless Marketing would perhaps be the best bet.

The customised desktop is to be aimed at kids 2-12 with lots of games
and applications thrown in for edutainment. Cute looking themes and icon
sets are also the need of the day.

Regards
Sankarshan

--