Secure network initiative in Germany

News from the "competitor" is usually interesting in marketing, so I thought
I'd share the following news with you.

Microsoft started a network security initiative in Germany, together with
Germany's ministry of economics, SAP, Computer Associates, ebay, and
T-Online (germany's biggest online provider), and several other public
institutions, most notable the "Deutsche Kinderhilfswerk" (German Children
Help organization).

Gates: "We need the assistence of governments and other companies. Our goal
is to make sure the computer network is percieved as reliable as the
electricity network or the water supply." (My own translation)

One of his suggestions includes the replacement of password accounts with
biometric procedures.

MS and CA promised to develop a "security check" for PC users, enabling them
to configure and install "necessary security mechanisms".

In collaboration with the Kinderhilfswerk, a internet portal on MSN should
be developed for children between 8 and 13 years old to teach them basic
security techniques.

Those who are able to read german, may like to check yourself [1] - there're
83 references now.

In an interview with the "Spiegel", Gates said Linux is "affected (by
security issues) more strongly from a number of points of view" (my
translation). The reponse of the german Linux-Verband is now in in 3
journals althought the headline is just fine: "Gates is lying to Spiegel
readers."

Cheers,

Claus

[1] http://news.google.de/nwshp?gl=de&ned=de&ie=UTF-8&topic=t

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot