Re: Gnome community

Hi,

c. schwarm wrote:
> a good job: There's not just footnotes, and the forum, but also a wiki, for
> example. [5]

I see it. I think that 2 wikis is one too many. The main GNOME
wiki that I'm aware of is http://live.gnome.org and the
gnomesupport one is http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php

I think that we should quickly be working towards migrating the
data from the gnomesupport wiki into live.gnome.org, and changing
the link to point to it.

> I've once suggested a hierachy for a development forum but since I recently
> found my first development cookbook, I plan to use it for a sort of
> collaborative notes web app, too. [1]

There are plans (aren't there, Jeff?) to rework
developer.gnome.org - that site has many problems; they have been
pointed out quite well by Edd Dumbill

http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2003/11/25-gnomedevel/read

I'm sure that help would be appreciated for that.

Cheers,
Dave.

> [4] http://gnome-apps.berlios.de/news.php

PS. You don't mention any license restrictions, or mention
whether apps are free software, on the site - is that by design,
or is it purely an oversight?

--
        David Neary,
        Lyon, France