Re: Object model of ThreePointZero

Hi,

Claus Schwarm wrote:
> I'm know this is not the right list to ask but does anybody know, or
> is able to explain what this "object" paradigm for threepoint zero
> means? Is this really just: "An object (ie. a file with a certain type)
> has its own window"? What about the rest of the desktop?

As far as I can tell, you are thinking at far too low a level.

An object is something like a conversation. So you can search
conversations about your camping trip, find photos from the
camping trip, and so on.

When sending an e-mail, you send it to a person, not an e-mail
address. When saving a file, you are saving a photo, or an
article, or a document, or some other thing. The fact that the
back-end stores it as a file, and can't tell the difference
between your photo and your CV, is irrelevant. In other words,
you focus on the user's view of the world, rather than forcing
the user to adapt to the computer's view of the world.

> Maybe there is a web site with a description how a typical session under
> the model might look like?

A lot of the docs on Beagle concentrate on this type of idea.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
        David Neary,