Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

<quote who="Dan Winship">

> The same principle should hold for GNOME. If we are actually better than
> our competitors, than all we have to do is make sure that the distros
> realize this (by marketing ourselves *to the distros*), and we win. And if
> we *aren't* better than our competitors, then we're working against users'
> interests if we try to convince them otherwise.

Agree - just want to butt in to say "developers" are customers of GNOME too,
and we should treat them equally as importantly as we have the distros.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

     "It is said that there are only six jokes in the world, and I can
    assure you that we can only broadcast three of them..." - John Watt,
                   the BBC's Head of Variety in the 30's