Re: Why Google funds open source development?

Hi.

1) We like open source.
2) We like open source people, including Gnomers (gnomites? Gnomes?)
3) We use open source.
4) We are open source people.
5) We felt open source needs a little fresh blood now and then. *
6) We felt that there were a lot of students who would work on open
source, if they didn't have to flip burgers.

Hence: Summer of Code.

Chris (Google Open Source Programs Manager)

* not that I mind running into Nat and Miguel at every damn conference
I go to. :-)

--
Open Source Program Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com