Re: GNOME Logo Font

M��Duffy wrote:

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 18:15 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
(and I realize I forgot to say thanks to Mairin for whipping these up
so quick... I've become so conditioned to folks bickering over silly
stuff that I didn't actually expect to see these. so, thanks :)

You're most certainly welcome! :)

I added 6 more variations using fonts that I *think* are ok to use -
Nimbus Sans L Regular, Grotesk Bold came with a GPL license... I'm not
100% on the others...

re-load to see: http://www.linuxgrrl.com/gnome-logos/
Thanks for comprehensive view of the different options.

Additional free fonts are MgOpen (http://www.ellak.gr/fonts/mgopen/). See MgOpen Cosmetica Bold. Moreover, fonts that are listed in http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/ (notice the packages starting with ttf-*) are free fonts as well.

From the existing listed on your page, I too find Bitstream Vera Sans (Bold) as most suitable.

Simos