Re: In need for some text for a poster

I mistook the address (because I'm in windows using webmail), now I'm sending it to the list (I Hope)
Andreas, here it is the whole thing. I'll be translating the language one soon
El Escritorio Oficial de la gente feliz

¿Sostienes, como muchos otros, una batalla sin fin en contra del spyware, troyanos y virus?
¿Te preocupa hasta cuando aguantará tú bolsillo pagar las actualizaciones del software que utilizas?
¿Sientes que tu vendedor de software te está estafando?
¿Sabes? esas son cosas que no hacen de tu vida algo mejor

Bueno, con el Entorno de Escritorio Gnome no tienes que preocuparte por cosas como esa, es verdaderamente seguro y no te costará un veinte. Tienes una infinidad de proveedores de entre los cuales puedes elegir para asegurarte que el trato que estás recibiendo es el mejor

Nos gustaría darte la bienvenida al Escritorio de Gnome.
¡Bienvenido al escritorio oficial para gente feliz!

Enterate de como puedes hacer más feliz tu vida en www.gnome.org

2005/8/10, David Neary < dneary free fr>:

Hi,

So, following my own advice:

Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Do you, like many others fight an endless battle against spyware, worms
> and viruses?
> Are you worried whenever your budget can stand the cost of the next
> software upgrade?
> Do you have a creeping feeling that your software vendor actually screws
> you?

In the wiki I removed the superfluous "creeping" and "actually", but I
don't like the phrase in general. I prefer something like

"Do you have the feeling that your software vendor doesn't care about you?"

We care :)

> You know, things like that don't really make your everyday life any better.
>
> Well, with the GNOME Desktop Enviorment you don't have to bother about
> things like that.
> It's really secure and won't cost you a single buck. You have a whole
> bunch of vendors to choose
> from and can make sure that you get a deal that fits you the best.

I'd prefer not to insist on the "not a single buck" thing.

It's secure, safe from virus infection, and its developers don't want
anything back. You get to choose who you buy from, to get the support
and features that suit your needs.

> We would like to welcome you to Linux and the GNOME dekstop.
> Welcome to the Official Desktop of Happy People!

Can we take out "Linux and"? GNOME isn't just for Linux, and I'd like to
see us establish our own brand presence (which might include "GNOME
applications on Windows" soon) Also, we talk about the GNOME Desktop
Environment higher up, here it's the GNOME desktop. I've changed both to
the GNOME Desktop.

So, finally:

Do you, like many others, fight an endless battle against spyware, worms
and viruses?
Are you worried about whether your budget can stand the cost of the next
software upgrade?
Do you have the feeling that your software vendor doesn't care about you?
You know, things like that don't make your everyday life better.

With the GNOME Desktop you don't have to worry about things like that.
It's secure, safe from virus infection, and its developers don't want
anything back. You get to choose who you buy from, to get the support
and features that suit your needs.

We would like to welcome you to the GNOME Desktop.
Welcome to the Official Desktop of Happy People!

What do ye think? The rhythm from Andreas's text is good, I think.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary