Re: gnome-about-me

<quote who="Rob Adams">

> If you'd care to explain how this feature will enable us to estimate the
> number of gnome users worldwide I would be very happy to hear it.

There are many different sources of information we can use. We started by
discussing passive information, such as popcon stats, ntp and web stats,
etc. Having an active source will be very useful information though, even if
as stat-cynics we don't think it will be ULTIMATELY AND COMPLETELY ACCURATE.

I know I'm repeating myself, but here's what I think the only really useful
and sane strategy is: Put a link in the About GNOME box to a "stand up and
be counted" web page on wgo. Simple, effective, and you don't even have to
find the feature in your desktop (because it will be exposed on the site
too).

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

     "So between a jazz musician, a murderer, and a congressperson, all
    called 'Dave Camp', I have a lot of pressure to be evil." - GNOME's
                                 Dave Camp