Re: Defining GNOME Market Segments

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 08:50 +1300, John Williams wrote:
> I know this is a very unusual thought: GNOME not only as a desktop and
> development platform but also as a market platform, a sort of eBay.
> Probably too advanced, right?
>
> Well, just a thought....
A damn fine one, IMHO.  I was thinking about, in every "About" box where
it lists the developers, having a link to "Donate to ..." or "Request a
feature" etc.

You may certainly bring this question up on the foundation list. Actually there is a "GNOME Friends" program, which in turn, is targetting the people who really want to contribute, and leaving those out who want shopping for features.

I don't know. I wouldn't bring the browser-mode back default even if I were paid $1000 for it. "Request a feature" isn't going anywhere good, IMHO.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/