Re: Marketing list action: Market Research for GNOME and GNU/Linux

I think John's point is how do we find out what people really want.  A
survey to who we know right now would be:

* slashdot crowd
* gnome community
* minor fringe linux users

We really don't have any real outreach that I can tell.  Now, *maybe* we
could get a company like Sun who have deployed JDS to customers to ask
for feedback same with RH, Novell, and Mandrake.  That could be a
tangible short term approach to market research.

But I still think doing the market research is beneficial to the Free
Software and those who derive value from it.

As for the overall goal, thats lacking.  I can write something to debate
over tonight onto the wiki and people can try to figure out what works
best then.  Generally most people start out with a mission statement; a
single unifying sentence that we all rally around and keeps us focused.

sri