Re: random idea- cvs overviews for gnome journal?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 03:50:00PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> Would it make sense to do a monthly (or weekly) review of cvs-commits
> traffic to get the highlights out into gnome-journal (and hence the
> public) and to provide sources for feature lists for the release notes?

I'll leave that to Jim since he's the editor. :-)  I suspect that he'd
be happy to accomdate it if someone will do the work.

> This would be potentially be a high-dedication but high-reward project
> for someone. It could also be broken up by module into tasks for several
> people, if they wanted to.

Does Subversion have good metadata that we could do to make this easier?
Maybe a good driver towards using Subversion (like KDE is moving towards)
for all this.  Because it does seem like a lot of work.  A good project
for someone who has good skills in XML stuff I think.

I still get the cvs commit summaries, but they are just stats
about who are the top committers, and what module was the most active
it doesn't provide a lot of detail unfortunately.  I could follow up
on it if people want me to and see how it gets generated.

sri