Re: copyright change for gnome summary

<quote who="Sri Ramkrishna">

> I plan on changing the copyright on the gnome summary starting next week
> to Creative Commons. Anybody have any issues to this?  Interviews,
> editorials whatever will be put under creative commons.  Currently, it's
> copyrighted The Gnome Project.  Which I don't believe is a legal entity
> (or is it?)

Creative Commons is a website, not a license, nor a entity to which you can
assign copyright. I don't think anyone would hugely object to allowing their
content to be released under one of the Creative Commons licenses, such as
the ShareAlike one.

In terms of copyright holders, 'The GNOME Project' is a tenuous one, for
sure. I'd recommend the cheap and easy "articles owned by their authors" and
ensuring you get agreement on ShareAlike licenses or whatever you choose to
standardise on.

- Jeff

                 http://www.illusionary.com/GNOMEvKDE.html