http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/ ?!

Hey assorted wordsmiths and presentation gurus!

The project is creeping up on release again
[http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/], and that means release notes, web
work, and PR stuff. I don't know if anyone has started poking at these
tasks yet, but I figured it couldn't be too early to do a brain dump on
what we need word and HTML-wise for the release. I realize I've been a
bit out of the loop; if someone has already started on any of these, I
apologize for trampling on your toes- please feel free to kick me at
GUADEC, publicly, on stage.

There are some challenging bits here, but much of it has been done
before- we just need to pick up where the last group left off and move
forward. Volunteers are needed for all of these things, both to write
and to put up on the web where appropriate- I'm sure some of the usual
suspects will drop in at the last minute, but it would be great to get
new faces involved as well, if there are such people lurking about :)

* Release Notes:

        For GNOME 2.4, John Fleck took an awesome lead in collecting
        these and getting them ready for the web, which resulted in
        http://www.gnome.org/start/2.4/ If someone could volunteer to do
        the same for 2.6, that would rule. It's basically a matter of
        asking module maintainers for changes since 2.4, collating them
        into one place, and integrating them with stolen bits from the
        old notes. Also, ideally this is ready some time before the
        actual release- it's nice to be able to get this ready for
        reviewers and such.

* Screenshots:

        This has always been a fun and incredibly last-minute thing; it
        would be fun if we got our buts in gear this year and maybe had
        a nice Gallery or something of screenshots showing off people's
        fun GNOME 2.6 desktops.

* Memorial:

        As most of you are probably aware, Ettore Perazzoli, Chema
        Celorio, and Mark Finlay got away from us during the last
        release cycle. We'd like to dedicate this release to them, but
        we need to do it tastefully, obviously. Ideas on how exactly to
        do this are welcome- should it be in the release notes,

* Press Release:

        The GNOME 2.4 press release went out late. Hopefully we don't
        have that problem this time around. ;) I know the marketing list
        has never really participated in this process before, but there
        is no time like the present if anyone is interested. :)

I guess if anyone wants to volunteer for any of these tasks, say so, and
start writing or soliciting stuff.

I've attached my own preliminary sketch of changes/improvements in GNOME
2.6- this was originally drafted for internal Novell consumption, so it
may be a touch corporate in places. Hope it doesn't offend too much. No
testicles in it, that I noticed anyway. ;)

Thanks- hope some folks can step forward, since these tasks are
basically every bit as important as the code-
Luis