Re: [Mailman Site List] help regarding mailing list

On ส., 2005-08-06 at 14:04 -0500, Venkatesh Duggirala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed "Foresight Linux" in my desktop yesterday. My sound card
> is not working. I am using gnome.
> I thought i will post the problem in the some gnome newsgroup.
> mailing list.
>
> Can you help me out to find which mailing list i should subscribe to
> get the help in my above problem

Probably your best bet is to report the problem to your Linux
distributor (Foresight) first, in case it's a problem they are aware of.
However, if your sound card is not working, that is probably an issue
with your Linux hardware configuration. I doubt that the problem lies
with GNOME, as GNOME mostly just uses the Linux kernel to handle the
sound.

You should make sure you have read the Linux Sound HOWTO (easily found
if you google for it). If that doesn't answer your questions or help you
to solve your problem, try posting to one of the ALSA mailing lists
(which are related to sound support under Linux).

Hope this helps.

--
Ross