going forward

thanks Danilo for setting this up.

I'm on holidays for the next 2 weeks (yippee!!!) so here are some parting thoughts on the cldr and icu debate :

- icu is working towards adding more apis to cldr data (they announced this in icu 3.4 release notes the other day) and I think it probably already offers us most or all of what we require of cldr. - cldr data is stored in xml and has a fairly complex inheritance and aliasing mechanism which needs to be properly understood in order to have reliable data. Anyone thinking of developing their own cldr api needs to bear this in mind and also needs to come up with their own storage format which would possibly end up copying icu's data structure anyway.

regards
Peter