Re: Random thoughts
- From: Mohammad DAMT <mdamt gnome org>
- To: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info>
- Cc: GNOME Locale mailing list <locale-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Random thoughts
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:47:42 +0300
On Kam, 2005-08-11 at 17:59 +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> That's the kind of thing CLDR is thinking about, I believe. Are you
> saying that parsing that in runtime is practically impossible and should
> be avoided at all costs? Or something else?
locale data tends to be static so parsing from human readable format
would be too expensive. There should be some cache or in a compact
format like glibc has in locale-archive file.
Mohammad <mdamt at gnome dot org>
] [Thread Prev