RE: [sigc] Overloaded Member Methods as Slots

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 09:15 +0100, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Wesley Smith wrote:
> > Basically, if we have a class with with several methods of the same
> > name but with different arguments, how can we specify which of the
> > overloaded functions get hooked in in order to disambiguate.
>
> Not only for memberfunctions but other functions as well, you need to
> use a static_cast to the right function pointer type in order to do
> that.

That's clever. I never thought of that.

>  This has nothing to do with SigC++ but might be worth mentioning
> in the docs anyway.

Maybe you could provide a patch. However, I don't recommend this
technique much. In most cases, it's probably a lot more clearer for the
programmer to just rename the function. Of course, in a minority of
cases, this might not be possible.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com