Re: [sigc] conditions in libsigc

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 23:07 +0300, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> Yes, but this should be done in the library.  All this classes should belong
> to Gtkmm and you don't write them yourselves.  Tracking sensitivity or
> visibility is a common task and any non-trivial application does that.  Why
> not transfer this common task to the GUI library (Gtkmm)?

I have not read this whole thread, and I'm not going to - it's far too
verbose. But I might read a short summary that shows me clearly
a) What people apparently have to do repeatedly now with gtkmm..
b) What people would do instead with this new thing.

Note also that you can already get notification of property changes from
gtkmm objects, like so:
widget.property_something().signal_changed().connect( ... )

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com