Re: [sigc] failure building from CVS

On 4/25/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 18:22 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> > >
> > > Try a completely fresh checkout.
> >
> > I just deleted the libsigc++2 directory and re-ran and I get exactly
> > the same error.
>
> That's very odd. I am also using Ubuntu Dapper (g++ version 4.0.3). I
> thought that this had something to do with incorrect configure test
> results that needed a new configure run, but I don't see any #ifdefs
> near that line. Maybe I was thinking of a similar compilation error.
>
> Just in case, here is my sigc++config.h file, for comparison.

That looks identical to mine.

> I'm not sure what the error is trying to tell us.

I'm not sure either.  I spent a couple hours trying to figure it out
before I sent the original email, but I obviously wasn't successful.
I found a couple references to other projects fixing that error, and
in each case, the fix was something like the following:

(inside a class or struct)
typedef some_type X::other_type

changed to
typedef some_type other_type

For example, here's one such fix:
http://openscenegraph.org/viewcvs/include/osg/State?r1=1.72&r2=1.73
But that doesn't seem to really fit with the error we're seeing (as
far as I can tell).  But maybe it gives you some ideas...

I also just noticed another reference to this exact problem on the
libsigc-list from december:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/libsigc-list/2005-December/msg00000.html
That problem is also with g++ 4.03 on Debian, so perhaps it does have
something to do with compiler version.

Jonner