Re: [sigc] Re: [Boost-users] Signals & Slots

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 01:00 -0500, Carl Nygard wrote:
> http://www.3sinc.com/opensource/boost.bind-vs-sigc2.html
[snip]
> Docs updated.
[snip]

I thought I'd review this again, because I lost track of what changes
were made.

1. In several cases, you show
  sig.connect(&Func);
but show
  sig.connect(sigc::ptr_fun(&Func));
for the libsigc++ example.

But I believe (Am I correct, Martin?) that sig.connect(&Func) will work
with both APIs, and I believe that boost has a ptr_fun() too. It does
not seem to be an API difference.

2. In "Automatic disconnection",
the use of operator() instead of a normal method will just cause
confusion.

3. In "Slot Binders"
Can you expand on this question: "TODO: answer questions: a) What's up
with the No Clue entry, anyone?", please. In fact, please just ask your
TODO questions on this mailing list.

4. Some of the "-ed" comments seem outdated now. It would be nice to
clean these up.

Thanks again.

--
Murray Cumming