RE: [sigc] Sigc++ Newbie

Mehran Ziadloo wrote:

> I'm trying to compile this project in windows xp with msvc
> 7.1. There's a folder in the package that is for those,
> like me, that is going to compile it under msvc 7.1. But
> when I compile that project it has so many errors and
> I can't resolve them. Has anyone faced such a problem before?
> Does anyone know how to solve it? Compile Error I get is:
>
> slot_base.cc
> ..\sigc++\functors\slot_base.h(29) : error C2757: 'internal'
> : a symbol with
> this name already exists and therefore this name cannot be used as a
> namespace name
> ..\sigc++\functors\slot_base.h(31) : fatal error C1903:
> unable to recover
> from previous error(s); stopping compilation
>
> and so many others that has the same error for the other header files.
> Can anyone help me?

I guess MSVC doesn't like the 'internal' struct that got introduced in
2.0.15.  If the comment in type_traits.h is correct, MSVC doesn't need it.
Modifying MSVC_Net2003\sigc++config.h and copying the

   #define SIGC_SELF_REFERENCE_IN_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION 1

line into the SIGC_MSC section should fix the build problem.

- James