Re: [sigc] Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined

Hi!

(Sorry for the late answer - I lost track during this week's workload ...)

Am 18.10.2004 21:41:36 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming:
In jhbuild, I can't build libsigc++ 2 from cvs, because it fails like
so:
Building makefiles.
sigc++/Makefile.am:70: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
sigc++/Makefile.am:70:
sigc++/Makefile.am:70: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
sigc++/Makefile.am:70: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.

I've updated the build environment for libtool 1.5a which has support for the Intel compiler. Unfortunately, libtool 1.5a is not compatible with older versions. E.g. the autoconf/automake macro is now called 'LT_INIT' instead of 'AM_PROG_LIBTOOL'.

I build libsigc++ from cvs every couple of weeks, so this is probably
recent change in libsigc++ or the autotools that jhbuild installs.
Ideas?

jhbuild probably works with an older version of libtool.

Regards,

 Martin