Re: [sigc] test tarball: libsigc++ 2.0.6 (test1)

Am 04.10.2004 21:33:33 schrieb(en) Timothy M. Shead:
Martin Schulze wrote:

> After solving some critical bugs we need to submit a new release
ASAP.
> Please check whether the following tarball works for your
environment:

>  http://www.hippogriff.de/libsigc++-2.0.6-test1.tar.gz

> * When compiled with MSVC .Net 2003 move all calls to new
>  and delete into non-inline library code (fixes segfaults).

Testing with MSVC .Net 2003:

There is an extraneous #define statement in the MSVC sigc++config.h
file
that causes build errors, patch enclosed.

Thanks! Applied to cvs.

Unfortunately even with the patch I see the same
memory-allocation-related segfaults in the tests as with 2.0.5. Could

you point me in the direction of the new/delete changes you made?
I'll
see if anything stands out.

It was the following change:

2004-10-02  Martin Schulze <mschulze cvs gnome org>

	* sigc++config.h.in, MSVC_Net2003/sigc++config.h,
	sigc++/signal_base.cc, sigc++/functors/slot_base.{h,cc},
	sigc++/functors/macros/slot.h.m4: Define and use new macro
	SIGC_NEW_DELETE_IN_LIBRARY_ONLY to ABI-compatibly move
	all calls to new and delete into non-inline library code.

In signal_base.cc the internal signal implementation object is allocated/freed (signal_base::impl/signal_base::destroy). In slot_base.cc the internal slot representation object is allocated/ freed (various calls to slot_rep::dup / slot_base::~slot_base).
I can't think of any other calls to new/delete in the library.

I hope you can find something out. Ask me if you need futher information.

Regards,

 Martin