Re: [sigc] ANNOUNCE: libsigc++ 2.0.2

Hi!

I'm really sorry for the inconveniences I caused with 2.0.2. I will
release 2.0.3 as soon as possible. The problem is (as you will have
guessed) that I don't have much time. Please open bug reports. Patches
are of course appreciated. You should add a ChangeLog entry.

Am Di, den 25.05.2004 schrieb Christof Petig um 23:30:
> Martin Schulze schrieb:
> > *** Changes:
> >
> > 2.0.2:
> >
> > * Suppress compiler warning in compatibility module at
> >  dynamic_cast<>-test (fix suggested by Timothy M. Shead).
>
> The warning only changed ("unused variable" -> "statement with no
> effect"). Perhaps casting to void might silence the compiler.
>
> /usr/include/sigc++-2.0/sigc++/object_slot.h:45: Warnung: statement with
> no effect
>

> > * If a custom accumulator is specified invoke it on signal
> >  emission even if the signal's slot list is empty. (This used
> >  to be the case in libsigc++-1.2 as pointed out by Timothy.)
>
> This was fixed somewhat hastily:
>
> The following program simply segfaults with 2.0.2:

The test case urgently needs to be patched to catch this error! It was
not hastiness but lack of a proper test case that let this bug creap
into a release.

Regards,

  Martin