Re: [sigc] Re: [gtkmm] Re: gcc 3.4-related gtkmm patches needed ASAP

Am 2004.03.16 10:51 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming:
On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 23:43, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Thanks for sorting this out! Note that the changes about the
> template keyword now being used in some places might affect
> the SUN FORTE which also has problems compiling
> "A.template operator()<...>(...)".

Oh, so maybe I made that worse, and maybe it needs an #ifdef. Is there
particular email where this was mentioned? - maybe I would recognise
the
compiler error.

My mail from 2004.03.06:

The problem is
the syntax for explicit method template specializations. gcc expects:

my_class.template operator()<my_type> (my_param);

MSVC works with:

my_class.operator()<my_type> (my_param);

Hopefully, the FORTE accepts the latter syntax as well ...

I don't have Damiens mail with the compiler error in my inbox anymore.
Anyway, if you solved the problems with the FORTE compiler version (5.3 versus 5.5) you could try to compile current cvs.

If your patch didn't break anything you should reach the same point as
Damien. Otherwise we can replace the newly added template keywords with
the macro LIBSIGC_TEMPLATE_PREFIX.

Regards,

 Martin