RE: [sigc] TypeLists!!!

Am Fr, den 11.06.2004 um 10:46 Uhr -0700 schrieb Lemings, Eric B.:

> Maybe so.  However, such apps do exist.  The Typelist.h header supports
> up to 50 parameters!

You are aware of the fact that the maximum template depth C++ compilers
are required to support is limited?  If I remember correctly the number
was 17, and g++ enforces it (though provides a command-line parameter to
change the value).

Note that I discovered this issue by actually reaching this limit in a
real application.  Template depth can add up quite quickly, and making
libsigc++ compile is not enough because you have to leave room for user
code or even another library layer.

--Daniel