RE: [sigc] TypeLists!!!

>> Lemings, Eric B. wrote:
>>
>>> The current Libsigc++ API (2.0.3) is in desperate need of
>>> typelists.  Typelists would make the API much simpler and
>>> easier to use.  Has this been proposed/discussed before?
>>
>> The library used in the book is called Loki.  The
>> code for it can be found at SourceForge.
>
> I believe the question is: how are typelists going to
> simplify the API? Can you give a before / after example?
>
> Tim

All template parameters lists in the API similar to this:

  template
  <
    class T_type1,
    class T_type2,

can be replace with one template parameter:

  template
  <
    typename TList

Not only will that allow more than seven template parameters
(currently supported in the API), it will reduce the API
seven-fold since each new template will replace seven existing
templates.

Eric.