Re: [sigc] Re: [gtkmm] Solved: Re: Problems compiling libsigc++-2.0.3 on Slackware

Am 15.08.2004 17:08:08 schrieb(en) Juergen Rose:
Hi Martin,

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 12:00 +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Am 14.08.2004 11:43:37 schrieb(en) Martin Schulze:
> > obviously I did miss your email. I think we should try to
reproduce
> > the error with a test case. I will ask you to compile such test
cases
> > until we know what causes the compiler error in trackable.h and
how
> > to avoid it. If anyone has any idea, please speak up! Attached is
> > second test case that follows the code from trackable.h more
closely
> > than the first trivial test.
>
> Looking more closely at your error output I can see the problem,
now:
> '/usr/include/pthread.h' has '#include <signal.h>' (line 24) and
> somehow on your platform this doesn't result in
'/usr/include/signal.h'
> being included (as it should); instead the libsigc++ header 'signal.

> h' (in the working directory) gets included.
>
> This is a bug somewhere in the Fedora distribution. At least on
every
> other system '/usr/include' is searched before all other paths when
> file is included in '<>'-brackets.

Thank you for your hints. They helped me to found the solution on my
system there is a /etc/profile.de/qt.sh script which is run in every
login shell and defines  CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=:/usr/lib/qt/include .
If I unset CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH libsigc++ compiles fine. Perhaps it is
possible to check in configure, whether CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH is defined,
and print at least a warning.

	Regards Juergen

Good that you have found the solution of the problem. Though I wouldn't have expected the path '/usr/lib/qt/include' to mess up things. I will look up what google & Co say about CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH. Maybe we can indeed add a check to configure. If you have a concrete idea please submit a patch - I'm not very gifted if it comes to autoconf & Co.

Regards,

 Martin