Re: [sigc] libsigc++-2.0 TODO

Am 2003.10.29 17:18 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> From: martin-ml hippogriff de [mailto:martin-ml hippogriff de]
> I think we can make a kind of "soft freeze", though, meaning
> that apart from obvious fixes (hopefully none) the API won't
> change any more. This would allow us to release a beta
> version, at least.

Yes. "beta" is just a word.

Just a word, yes. But much more reassuring than "unstable release".
There were quite many unstable releases in the past weeks so we
have to send a signal that stability is in reach, now.

But please don't call it something silly
like
2.0beta or 2.0.0beta. pkg-config doesn't understand natural language.
Just
call it 1.9.12 and say "this is a beta release. We don't expect to
change
the API anymore".

Yes, that's what I meant.

Regards,