[sigc] Using sigc::connection

Some thoughts:

1. I tried writing a separate connection class that wrapped GObject signals would return and found myself duplicating sigc::connection, just so I could set the private sigc::functor::internal::slot_base*. If a constructor and assignment operator were added to sigc::connection that took a slot_base pointer then wrapped GObject signals could return a sigc::connection class.

2. I don't have an earlier GCC compiler at hand to test libsigc++2 with, so I was wondering which part of libsigc++2 adds the GCC >= 3.2 requirement. Doesn't having this dependancy indirectly imply by de-facto that any code using libsigc++2 also has the same dependancy.

Regards,
Jeff Franks.