[sigc] using libsigc++ in multi-threaded app

Hi,

I'm new to libsigc++ and am considering using it in my application instead of a custom event notification scheme.  How well suited is it to a multithreaded environment?  In my app one thread will be emitting the signal that will be processed by slots in other threads.  Is there a way to do this in libsigc++?  Or would I have to come up with my own scheme using command pattern or function objects?

Thanks,
Mark