[libcroco-list] Using GNU ARCH along with CVS.

Hi list,

Recently, we have been experiencing some pain in working together with
the current CVS infrastructure we have.
Basically, the GNOME anonymous CVS lags behind the GNOME developer CVS.
This lag result in a lot of pain, especially when people send me patches or
want to quickly get the result of changes I do in the GNOME developer CVS.

As a result, I decided to move to GNU ARCH for the daily development.
I will just use CVS as a stable repository, for snapshots.

I have setup an arch source archive for libcroco and sewfox at
http://dodji.seketeli.free.fr/archives/2004/xml-style/ .

This archive contains the main code line of libcroco and sewfox.

You can register to the source archive by doing:

tla register-archive dodji gnome org--xml-style-2004
http://dodji.seketeli.free.fr/archives/2004/xml-style .

Before you do that, please learn about arch by doing the excellent
and complete arch tutorial at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/arch.html#arch_Meets_hello-world .

Arch can be disapointing at a first sight, but frankly, It's really powerful and
I really think it's the way to go.

Everyone can have it's own branch, child of the mainline branch I have setup,
and we will trade patches, like what the linux kernel folks do with bitkeeper.
This is a truely decentralized way of working, unlike the way we used to work
with CVS.

This is the beginning of a new way of cooperation in the libcroco project, so I
expect some little troubles. But I hope that we will gain a *lot* on the long run.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Dodji.