[LIBART] Copying grayscale pixmap

[Note:  Forgot the +libart on my email when I sent this first.  List
operators, please disregard my earlier message.]

Hi!

We're using LibArt for the antialiasing in Dia.  Now I'm in the middle of
adding FreeType support.  FreeType does antialiasing itself on its
characters, so I get a pixmap of grayscale (8-bit) pixels that I need to
copy onto an rgb_buffer with transparency.  Essentially it's an alpha-mask
of a single color block.  With GDK fonts we just use art_rgb_bitmap_affine,
but that takes a bitmap of 1-bit pixels.  Is there something I've missed,
or do I really have to transform the 8-bit pixmap by hand to a 32-bit RGBA
bitmap?

Thanks,
-Lars