[LIBART] libart development plans ?

Hi,

The libart-hackers list is pretty silent. Development of LibArt
seems to move at slow pace if at all, I figure this is because other
things are more important now ?  What are the plans for libart
development ?  I'd like to contribute to libart development,
especially speed optimizations. Test cases/demos to check how good and
how fast libart is would be nice. Did anybody attempt to do some
profiling and has clues where optimizations were needed ? Any figures
on how libart compares to Quartz as shipped with 10.1 regarding
speed/quality in respect to the features supported by libart ?
What has come of "full PDF 1.4 support for libart" ?

Seems like new displays supporting 133 up to 300 ppi call for using a
vector-based engine between widgets/application code and the underlying
raster device (screen). So making this as fast as feasible is
important IMHO!

kai