[LIBART] type 1 fonts

I'm not sure if this is the right list to ask, but I'm sure someone will
set me straight if not.

I'm trying to make use of the type 1 library stuff in gnome-
font/libgnomefont/gt1

1) Trawling the sources I seem to find that this handles loading of
fonts from pfb files with metric info from afm files. The standard Adobe
stuff on my win32 box comes with pfm files. Is there any interest in
being able to read the equivalent information from pfms?

2) The gt1_load_font procedure seems to read the font and build up three
different encoding vectors and then throws two of these away. Wouldn't
it be better to split off the encoding builder into a separate routine.
Also we seem to ignore the Symbol encoding which is very useful.
--
Robin Becker