Re: [LIBART] libart documentation

Quoting dave opaque net:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Robin Becker wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm trying to get libart & gnome-font connected to Python as part
> of
> > the pingo project. We have an existing swig connection, but it's a bit
> > out of date. I observe that since Chris Lee did the original swig a
> few
> > changes have been made to libart to allow a rendering abstraction.
>
> I was working on a swig interface for libart for a while, but gave up
> because I couldn't figure out how to display the rendered image (any
> suggestions there?), and decided that it wouldn't be practical for
> rendering flash animations anyway.  But if there's an existing swig .i,
> I can take a shot at updating it.

I'm currently working on an GGI (http://www.ggi-project.org) extension to
have libart render directly in a ggi visual. I sorted out which functions
actually render and which are just concerned with path operations.

You can grab a first version at
http://soyt.free.fr/ggi/ggiart-0.1.tar.bz2

Not all features are implemented yet and the code is not satisfying.
I'm brewing an improved version with image buffer affine transform,
maybe for next week.

For your rendering concerns, I also planned to write a flash player for
GGI. Check out the site if you're interrested and join the mailing lists.
GGI is the right thing and needs a better software base.

> Second that.  The biggest problem I had learning how to use libart was
> figuring out which functions were for internal use (e.g., the
> rasterizers,
> most of the svp functions) and which were for the user.  It all came
> together when I meditated on testart.c for a while.
>
> If there is none already, I'll take on writing a tutorial covering what
> I've learned.

I had to investigate that too. I can probably help here.
If you want I can post the 'classification' I made of libart api functions.