[LIBART] Broken link and idle question

Hi *

I suppose someone is aware that the Libart Archives link is broken.

Also, I was wondering if libart is planning to include support for
X-splines as described in

http://dept-info.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~schlick/DOC/sig1.html

This is what's used in xfig, though that demonstrates the usefulness of
the representation very poorly. Having a useful interface to the shape
factor control is way much easier to control for a user than bezier
systems.

of course the interface is the application's problem, but its trivial if
it has an x-spline rendering entry point

Any thoughts ?

john

p.s. actually I have a crummy-ish university project that i've been trying
to get GPLed for 18 months that uses x-splines, and gives some hint
towards how useful they are from a user's point of view...

--
"All the passengers carry their seats out onto the tarmac,
 placing the chairs in the outline of a plane. They all sit down, flap