Re: gobject introspection

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:48 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I have put my prototype for full gobject introspection in cvs now,
> module gobject-introspection.

ooh, shiny new toys

> But the real reason why I'm posting here is to ask how the different
> language bindings handle unions (in particular GdkEvent)

Guile's bindings make all functions returning and taking GdkEvent deal
in GdkEvent*, i.e. not GdkEventButton* or whatever.

To access fields of the event structure there are accessors like
gdk-event-button-press:x, which is implemented as:

1) call a C routine to convert the event struct to a vector
2) check the type of the event
3) access well-known elements of that vector (e.g. third element is x)

You can't create gdkevents in guile-gnome, afaik.

Dunno how this all melds with the introspection stuff.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/